18 Comments
  • designi1 says:

January 17, 2011

Saw a post in an random design blog about the trends for 2011 on webdesign, saying that vintage will be out of… i do believe vintage as much potential. Toulouse start the design paintings that blows all the way we start making poster/marketing and all the design. He most be remember always as our father in this industry.

This list is a great hymn for what he made in life.

• Rob Atherton says:

January 17, 2011

Thanks for sharing. I always find old posts like this fascinating, especially the old Intourist ones from the Soviet Union.

• Sergei Tatarinov says:

January 17, 2011

No wonder why we tend to create things in somewhat vintage/retro style. Designers in the past did a terrific job! Nowadays this vintage stuff looks so simple yet stylish and appealing that I guess it receives more appreciation than back then, when it was created..

PS: there are many great ones in this post, but “See Europe Next” is just brilliant!

• ptamaro says:

January 18, 2011

Great bunch here, I can’t pick a favorite — too many really nice ones…

I really like the general simplicity of typography and graphic style. The color palettes are fab-tastic as well.

• Ken Kaminesky says:

January 18, 2011

I absolutely love these classic posters! They make me want to keep travelling forever, always discovering new and exciting places.

Thanks for putting this great collection together Nikola :)

• clipping path service says:

January 18, 2011

excellent post! thanks a lot for sharing..

• Federica Sibella says:

January 18, 2011

Hi Nikola! What a nice post! I love them all. I think that it will be strange to find these posters on a wall nowadays (even if they were supposed to be on a real wall!) but I agree with @designi1 that retro has got some more to say in web design and we will see vintage designs in 2011 too. Thanks for sharing this beautiful and inspiring collection.

• Logo Design says:

January 18, 2011

I have enjoyed this so much. Excellent…. stuff…specially Vienna.

• Catherine Azzarello says:

January 18, 2011

Makes me want to break out the old silkscreen and speedball pens! These are lovely. My favs are Winter Resort, Venice, Orient Calls, Odessa and top points to See the Lands of the Vikings.

Thanks for pulling these together!

• Nikola Lazarevic says:

January 18, 2011

Hey guys :)

I tought you all might like this, and I’m so glad you find it very inspirational and beautiful!

• Erica | Standard Poster Size says:

January 19, 2011

There’s something about this poster designs that I found very interesting.. Maybe it’s the tone of color used! because it hypes the vintage appeal of this poster designs.

• The Dotcom Hippie says:

January 20, 2011

Absolutely fabulous post – loving this! Bookmarked!

(And thanks for the Twitter follow!)

• SEOservices says:

January 21, 2011

these are really cool travel posters i have ever seen
    thanks!!! for sharing
    ……

• Poul says:

January 25, 2011

Designed by almost all the same posters.

• Leslie (Downtown Traveler) says:

February 1, 2011

Great travel posters! Love the vintage artwork.

• Steve Howling says:

February 17, 2011

Is the Peurto Rica – where the Americas meet – trying to say something with the cannon and balls?

• TrendTown Travel says:

February 23, 2011

Really beautiful! Thank you very much for sharing this historic travel posters!

• joechanrong says:

February 28, 2011

Awesome!, The Great Classic posters!